businesses must constantly adapt in order to not get left behind. Don’t lose sales because of the ongoing technological revolution, take advantage of it and use it to help your business grow. Here are 8 ways you can do just that:
- Social Media: There is a huge percentage of the world that is currently active on social media. Social Media has now become an essential part of branding and marketing for most companies, especially after the emergence of paid social media ads over the past couple of years. The great thing about going social is that you can send your message out to millions of users, potentially for free depending on the quality of your message. Facebook is currently in the lead with over 1.59 billion users, followed by Tumblr with 555 million users and Instagram which has over 400 million users. Businesses must take advantage of these numbers and start creating quality content to reach users via social media, in hopes of reaching as many potential customers as possible.
- Search Engines: Being number one in Google should be a goal for every business. It is the number one place that people go to in order to find what they’re looking for, including business information. Make sure your business’ website stays updated, use basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with the help of a plugin like Yoast if your site uses WordPress, post relevant content that users find helpful, and make sure your business is listed in online directories (especially Google Business). These simple steps can help your company’s position in Google and ultimately help you get more leads.
- Productivity Apps: One of the best things about technology is the amazing things it can do for productivity. There are many existing applications that can help your business become more efficient, and ultimately save time and money. Implementing an ERP system can help you automate time consuming tasks and keep your business organized by storing files and client details, creating invoices and reports for accounting, creating and tracking a warehouse system, tracking sales, and so much more. ERP systems can be adapted to fit your company’s’ specific needs. Some applications can even help you automate customer service, so your business can drastically decrease call center costs.
- Customer Relationship Management: CRM can usually be part of a larger ERP system, but it is worth mentioning separately because of its great benefits. A CRM helps you organize client information and track the sales process from start to finish. Implementing a CRM will make it easier to close sales, as tracking down client information and following up on time is made much easier.
- eCommerce: Online shopping is becoming more popular everyday as people continue to discover the benefits of shopping from the comfort of their homes. If your business sells products or even certain services, it is important to make those products and services available to online shoppers. Otherwise, your business could be losing out to companies that are offering similar products in the eCommerce world.